Monday, July 18, 2011

i-Tweak: Windows 7 Ultimate Tweaking Guide Part 2

I’m a tweak freak!!! I love my car clean, my desk organized, and my computer fast. I have a Lenovo W510 Core i7 1.73GHz, 128SSD, 16GB RAM. Why all that? Simply I don’t have time to waste! I’d rather spend the time eating my corn flakes than waiting for this PC to finish booting!!!

Turn Off Useless Scheduled Tasks

Windows 7 has many tasks that are scheduled to either run at boot time or triggered. Some of those tasks may not be relevant to you or you may not even need them. To view all the scheduled tasks:
  • Click Start Button
  • Click Run
    • Type: %windir%\system32\taskschd.msc /s
    • Hit enter
Some of the useless tasks for me which I have then turned off are:
  • Application Experience
  • Autochk
  • Customer Experience Improvement Program
  • Defrag (I have SSD and this is useless)
  • Diagnosis
  • DiskDiagnostic
  • Maintenance (Eats my CPU)
  • MemoryDiagnostic
  • MobilePC
  • Registry
  • SideShow
  • SystemRestore
  • Windows Error Reporting

No comments: